IMPORTANT: It will take at least 48 hours for the domain to transfer. It is a step by step process that does not take effect instantly. Therefore, be sure your domain name is not ready to expire. If your domain name expires in less than 5 days, it is highly recommended you renew your domain name first, then transfer the domain name.
How to Transfer to Hosting Nation
- Click on the "Transfer your existing domain" under Domain Services on our website.
- Enter the domain name(s) you wish to transfer and submit. The system will check to make sure this is a valid domain name.
- Click Add to Cart.
- Click checkout once you have verified the information. If you do not have an account with us, you will be prompted to create one.
- Proceed through the checkout to pay for your transfer.
- If you are attempting to transfer a .com, .ca, .org, .info, .cn, .biz or .us you will be prompted to enter the EPP authorization code for that domain. This is supplied by the losing registrar.
- If your transfer does not go through, your payment will be credited to your account for another domain purchase or you may request a refund.
Once you have paid for your transfer, within the next 8 hours an authorization email will be sent to the email addresss listed on your domain name. You have 48 hours to respond to this email. and approve the transfer.
After you have approved it, the losing registrar has 5 days to release the domain. After the domain is released, it is instantly active in your Hosting Nation account. Your site will experience no downtime because the DNS settings do not change.
Common reasons for transfer failure:
- Administrative contact email is no longer valid or does not go to you.
- Domain is locked. Contact your registrar to unlock.
- Domain is not yet 60 days old.
- Authorization code/EPP key was incorrect.
- Approval email was not responded to within 48 hours.
- Transfer submitted to close to expiration date.