Often connection issue are due to a locations IP address becoming blocked in the hosted accounts firewall. This is usually because the firewall security has been triggered by several attempts to access email or hosting using an incorrect username/password combination. Although there are other reasons this can happen, most firewall blocks can be fixed by changing the username/password to the correct version after the firewall block has been removed.
Symptoms of a firewall block are:
- you cannot visit your own website as it shows an error like; Your IP has been blocked in this servers firewall...
- you cannot connect your email, it shows connection time out or connection refused errors.
- your FTP software refuses connection to your hosting account.
There are two ways to unblock your IP address at Hosting Nation.
1. You can simply login to your Hosting Nation account with us from the location that you are blocked at. Doing this will automatically unblock your location IP address from your hosted server with us.
2. If you prefer, we can unblock the IP for you. Just send us in a support ticket with the IP that needs unblocking and your domain name of your hosted website or email.
To get your IP address and send it to us, visit the link below and copy/paste the IP address back to our support dept. We will then search the firewall for that IP address to see if it has been blocked, and if so we will unblock it.
To find your IP address, click on this link https://ip.hn1.ca/
Submit a support request to us including the IP address blocked, and describe what it is that is failing.